About the role
We have an opening for a Sr. Manager/Manager of People Operations to oversee the development and implementation of the HR strategies to support the company. You will work in a supportive team with opportunities to collaborate and communicate across departments. You will possess a high standard of ethics and focus on talent acquisition, employee relations, training implementation, performance management, onboarding administration, deliver comprehensive HR programs, and ensure HR compliance from both a legal and company policy perspective.
Education / Background
- 5+ years of HR operations experience in a leadership or managing experience, Biotech/Life Sciences industry experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in talent recruitment
- Bachelor's Degree in business, human resources, or other related field of study desired
- Coursework in human resources or human capital management is a plus
- Masters degree in a related field is a plus
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Lead full-cycle talent acquisition, including developing accurate job descriptions, sourcing candidates, conducting interviews, package negotiation, and onboarding orientation.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports; maintain organizational charts and employee directory.
- Act as primary point-of-contact for employees and contractors on all HR matters, alongside the Head of People.
- Implement and monitor department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensure that proper compliance is followed.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand Acepodia’s goals and strategies related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Advocate for employees by managing employee relations, addressing concerns, grievances or other issues, and working proactively with leaders to understand the root cause.
- Implement and analyze pulse polls and engagement surveys company-wide.
- Ensure HR systems and employee files are the most up-to-date and accurate information and meet all legal requirements.
- Annually review and make recommendations for improvement of organizational policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Assist in designing and guiding employee career development, succession planning, retention programs, and leadership development.
- Assist in the development and implementation of global HR activities and strategies, including compensation and reward programs, job leveling, talent management activities to include performance evaluations, and talent acquisition.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws/regulations.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s overall HR operations.
Position Requirements & Experience Relevant Skills & Experience:
- Experience in staffing models.
- Experience at an early-stage and high-growth start-up with experience scaling an organization through a period of growth and transformation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with high EQ and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts.
- Commitment to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment.
- Self-motivation and attention to the quality of work.
- Management experience in multinational companies is a plus.
Acepodia is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and comprehensive package, including stock options, medical care, paid vacation, and holiday time. Title and salary commensurate with experience.