About the role
We have an opening for an organized and motivated laboratory manager. You will be responsible for maintaining the laboratory to support all research and development needs, and additionally will support the team with cell-based assays as needed. This individual will need to have strong organization skills and have excellent communication skills to work well in a cross-functional team setting.
Education / Background
- B.S. or M.S. in life science-related fields (Immunology, Oncology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Chemistry, and Biochemistry)
- 4+ years of experience in managing a cell/biology/chemistry lab.
- Experience with cell culture, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry required.
- Experience with HPLC, biosafety, molecular biology-related assay, and virus operation/detection is a plus.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining GLP-compliant laboratories is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Maintaining full laboratory equipment inventory, maintenance plans, maintenance logs, and equipment troubleshooting.
- Create, maintain, and update laboratory SOPs
- Including, but not limited to laboratory etiquette guidelines, equipment operation instructions, laboratory safety training, and procedures.
- Lead implementation of vendor managed inventory for lab consumables, then provide oversight and direction to vendor technicians regarding supply types, locations, and stock levels.
- Instruct site operations staff on procurement, inventory management, shipping and receiving, and equipment maintenance.
- Manage chemical, equipment, consumables and biological sample shipping and receiving.
- Manage laboratories, equipment, and safety
- Oversee the management of shared research and development labs in addition to general lab suites.
- Guide the establishment of equipment maintenance sharing and best practices for use in a multi-user environment.
- Partner with EHS to reinforce a strong safety culture.
- Drive the development of efficient, standardized lab operations workflows
- Drive continuous improvement in Lab Operations processes
- Maintain Lab Asset tracking system for asset lifecycle management and ensure data accuracy for maintenance/calibration scheduling
- Ensure that lab issues and requests are addressed in a timely manner
- Triage, respond, and/or route service requests from lab users regarding safety, lab equipment, space, lab supplies, bio/chem inventory, and waste.
- Establish mechanisms to collect and take action on feedback from functional leaders and lab users
- Engage in crucial conversations by providing and receiving feedback supporting the growth and development of team members.
- Assist the R&D team with cell-based assays, flow cytometry, and other experiments as needed.
- Prioritize tasks and conduct experiments with minimal supervision.
Position Requirements & Experience Relevant Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in managing a cell/biology lab laboratory
- Mammalian cell culture and flow cytometry experience in a laboratory setting are required
- Excellent organization/coordination skills and ability to prioritize tasks effectively to ensure laboratory operations is uninterrupted
- Establishing and maintaining GLP compliant laboratory is plus.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing and generating SOPs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good team player and receptive to feedback
Acepodia is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and comprehensive package, including stock options, medical care, paid vacation, and holiday time. Title and salary commensurate with experience.